Lewis Straightening and Cutting Machines
Rockford Manufacturing Group introduces our new LEWIS SYNCHRO/CUT Series of wire straighten and cut machines.
This innovative machine addresses applications where tighter control of wire diameter and reduced work hardening of the straighten and cut product are paramount for the customer’s application. Lewis Machine is well known for the “Travel-Cut” F Series machines, which have been supporting the wire industry since 1936. With over 850 machines built, these older mechanical marvels have a reputation of providing decades of robust, dependable service.
RMG recognizes the time has come for the next generation of wire straightening and cutting machines to serve this market. To address this challenge, we developed a novel moving shear machine by leveraging our years of experience with the Lewis Machine product line. The cutter is synchronized with the wire speed so there is no wire feed stoppage during the cut cycle. In addition to eliminating the swell spot during cutting, the Lewis SYNCHRO/CUT will produce cleaner cuts and less wire marking while accurately controlling the length of cut.
- Continuous straightening action with moving cut – eliminates marking, hotspot or overworked sections in wire that may result with stationary cut machines
- Computer control with touch screen station
- Programmable Parts counter
- Arbor and Feed speed adjustments with digital feedback meters
- Programmable safety shut down timer, stops the machine if a feeding problem restricts wire and reduces scrap
- Electronic Pneumatic Feed Head pressure adjustment, accurate and repeatable
- Micro-fine length adjustments can be accomplished while in operation
- Lower temperature rise of straightened wire product
- Reduced wear, less material transfer and longer life of feed rolls
- Less sensitivity to feed roll clamping pressure and easier setup
At A Glance
Shared Features for All Configurations of Lewis SYNCHRO/CUT
Do you have the proper wire payoff? How can inline drawing lower your material cost?
Contact RMG’s experienced sales staff to discover which RMG machine is right for your applications.